Part of maintaining the correct posture while sitting at a desk is ensuring that everything is set up correctly to suit you, including your chair, desk, and computer.
- Your chair should be fully adjustable, so you can change the height of the chair, as well as the position and tilt of the backrest.
- You should be able to sit in your chair with your wrist and forearms parallel to the floor to avoid repetitive strain injury.
- Your computer screen should be straight in front of you with the top of the screen being approximately at eye level.
- Keep your wrists straight when using your mouse or keyboard.
- When you are typing, your elbows should be at right angles by your side.