The purpose of the towel stretch is to stretch the calf muscle on the back of the leg and strengthen the ankle. This exercise is important if you have suffered damage to the calf muscle or ankle.
For this, you will need a hand towel.
How to do the exercise:
- Sit on the floor with both legs straight out in front of you.
- Hold both ends of the towel and loop it around one foot.
- Keep your leg straight and gently pull the towel toward you.
- Hold for 30 seconds, relax for 3 seconds, and then repeat.
- Do this 10 times for each leg
This exercise can be carried out daily.
Benefits to the feet
It is important that muscles on the lower leg are strong because these will keep ankle joint stable. This can prevent injury and relieve foot and ankle pain.