The purpose of the towel curls exercise is similar to the marble pickup exercise. It is good to strengthen the ankle and the connected muscles. It will keep your feet flexible.
For this, you will need a towel.
How to do the exercise:
- Sit on a chair with both feet flat on the ground.
- Place the towel in front of you and rest both feet on the towel.
- Using your toes, grab the towel and curl it towards you. The towel should scrunch up with each motion, so that it looks a bit like a paper fan. Use all of your toes, including the little toe.
- Next, use your toes to uncurl the towel by pushing it back out.
- Relax and repeat 5 times.
This can be carried out daily. If you want to make it a bit more challenging, you can place a weight on the edge of the towel.
Benefits to the feet
This improves flexibility in the feet and it can help prevent heel pain and stiffness. It is a good exercise for the toes as well because our toes are essential for proper balance.