One of the first ways to prevent hand pain is to know what causes hand pain in the first place. There are a number of reasons why we all experience hand pain from time to time. These can be:
- Underlying health issues like osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- An injury like a fracture or broken bone
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive strain injury caused by writing, typing, or similar tasks
- Trigger finger
- Sometimes new mothers can experience hand pain because of holding the baby and fluctuating hormones
- In rare occasions, diabetes or tumors
Most pain is caused by inflammation around the affected area. So, to reduce hand pain it is necessary to gently stretch or massage the hand to increase the flow of blood to the painful area.
It can also be useful to use natural anti-inflammatory oils like coconut oil or avocado oil, both of which can help reduce inflammation.
Of course, if you suffer from arthritis, then it is necessary to regularly stretch the hand's muscles and tendons to increase mobility.
Other exercises can help strengthen the muscle around the joints, which means that less pressure is put on joints, and in turn, can help to prevent hand pain.
Here are 10 ways that you can prevent hand pain.